We chose to have our wedding at a beach house in september. The weather should be beautiful and there’s plenty to do for our guests and ourselves. This will be a nice mini vacation and honeymoon. Below you will find a map with hotels, venue, and things to do around town. It will be updated periodically.
View Our Wedding in a larger map
Things to do around the area:
- Surf lessons! I am planning on trying to get a group together to take a surf lesson! Who is up for it??? Price will depend on the group size (4 or more is $30/hr or $50/2hrs). This is the company I found and it is run by a firefighter! Take a look and let me know if you want to join. www.surfinfire.com
- Kayaking the cave of La Jolla! Guided 2 hour tour includes everything you need. How about snorkeling as well. www.lajollakayak.com
- Boat Rental! Visit www.boats4rent.com
- Oceanside Pier! Walk down the pier and watch the surfers catch a wave. At the end of the pier is Ruby’s Diner, enjoy a delicious milkshake and watch the sunset!
- California Surf Museum! Open daily 10-4pm at 312 Pier View Way in Oceanside. Admission $3 general and kids under 12 free. Tuesdays are free admission for everyone!
- Legoland! Less than 8 miles away from Oceanside is a world made of LEGO’s! There is an Aquarium right next door as well. If you are interested in going shoot Megan an email and she can get a discount. www.legoland.com
- San Diego Zoo! About 40 miles away is your access to seeing over 4000 animals! www.sandiegozoo.org
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum! This one is for the little guys in our lives! www.sdmrm.org
- Wine tasting!
- Disneyland!! About an hour away is the new CARSLAND!!!! We are looking to make a trip up to the most magical place on earth the week after the wedding. Want to join? Shoot Megan an email!
- Breakwater Brewery! A brewery in the heart of Oceanside. Haven’t been but it has good reviews.
- Pizza Port! Don’t worry Kyle has it on the map above. Great pizza and great beer.
- Stone Brewery! Almost had the wedding there so of course we love it! Amazing food and great beer. We will be heading there one day for sure.