Section S278 Agreement

In cases where a highway system requires real estate developers to set up land under their control to accept it as public highways, please refer to Section 38 of the agreements. The procedure required to reach an agreement can take time and time, and it is therefore desirable to get in touch as soon as possible with the authority of the motorways. In many of our works, you will often find reflection point 278 (or S278). Such changes must be agreed with local road authorities and implemented to satisfaction. A legally binding agreement is reached between the municipality and the developer under Section 278 of Highway 1980, known as Section 278 (S278). To obtain these improvements, the proponent must obtain permission from the highway authority for detailed work planning and reach an agreement defining how the work is to be delivered. An S278 contract is used for a long time to enable the development of the existing road network. However, it can also be used to improve the motorway network needed by development or to contribute to future work on the wider network of motorways. A Section 278 (or S278) agreement is a section of Highway 1980 that allows developers to enter into a legal agreement with the Council (as a Highway Authority) to make permanent modifications or improvements to a public highway as part of a plan. When the proponent gives the agreement to provide work instead of simply contributing to other work, they are, to the satisfaction of the Council, responsible for the organization of the work. If the promoter does not make agreed payments or if the work is not carried out in accordance with the agreement, the motorway authority has the power to close access to the site. The agreement between the road authority and the promoter is referred to as the Section 278 agreement and it may authorize items such as Section 278, which is part of Highway 1980, which allows a motorway authority to enter into an agreement with a third party in order to obtain improvements on the existing public highway. In our region, the relevant road authorities are usually the Cornwall Council, but work on the A30 or A38 must be approved by Highways England, which acts on behalf of the Transport Minister.

Comments are closed.